Spawning on contested points in breakthrough

Description

I keep seeing people spawning on contested points in Breakthrough - afaik this isn’t supposed to be possible.

I’m fairly sure has been happening since at least Build 1.1, though this is the first time I’ve been able to catch it in plain view.

Suggested priority

Medium

Server & Time

LONDON-1-6 - 4/2/21 at 19:36 GMT

Steps to reproduce

See how the guy spawns in on top of the white tanker-car-thing on the right of the screen in this video (at 00:13):

EDIT: Replaced the video with a longer version so you can see when the guy dies (26:02 ingame time), when the point becomes contested (26:00) and when they appear again on the contested point (25:51).

I’ve no idea what causes this, and it’s never happened to me first-hand. As far as I’m aware, you’re only supposed to be able to spawn on a point once it’s fully controlled by your team.

Log file(s)

04-02-2021-1904.txt (2.9 KB)

1 Like

Hey thanks for recording this, it looks like this is a visual glitch with the zone status at the top-center of the screen. Sometimes, even though it’s fully owned by a team, it still has that last triangle filled in with the opposite team’s colour. I’ll have a look at what’s causing this :slight_smile:

This will be fixed in v1.2.3