Game not starting after installing

Game not starting

Suggested priority

[Medium]

1. First step
  2. Another step

Log file(s)

Please attach a logfile from when this bug occurred.
[Win + R] to open run menu,
Type %appdata%/vercidium/log in the run box, run it,
Choose the correct/latest file - if unsure, attach the most recent 3 log files.

2021-05-17-1738.txt (23 Bytes) 2021-05-17-1738.txt (23 Bytes) 2021-05-17-1738.txt (23 Bytes)

1 Like

Hey thanks for the log files, a couple questions:

Does your user have administrator access? The logging stops where the game requests admin access to set up some things. Even if you reject the admin access, the game should still run. Did the admin prompt appear?

Did a message box appear saying “Only one instance of Sector’s Edge can be run at a time.”?

**Does your user have administrator access? The logging stops where the game requests admin access to set up some things. Even if you reject the admin access, the game should still run. Did the admin prompt appear?

Yes i do have administor acces on my user, however no admin prompt popped up when launching the game nor when it crashed.

Did a message box appear saying “Only one instance of Sector’s Edge can be run at a time.”?

No nothing popped it, one i pressed play the steam button turned blue and after around 10 seconds it went to being green (the “play” button)
No windows appeared whatsoever, it was like the game never launched at all.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

Can you please go to the folder that Sector’s Edge is installed and try running sectorsedge.exe? If that fails to run, wait till the game has closed completely (Steam name turned back to blue) and then run sectorsedgelauncher.exe.

Let me know if either of these works.

the sectorsedge.exe did not work and did not either effetc my steam status (name did not turn green)

The sectorsedgelauncher.ses did however “work” and i’ve been stuck in a “initialising” screen for a while now while some pcitures are changing every few seconds. This ahs not either changed my steam status (name has not turned green), and i ahve not gotten into the game yet.

1 Like

Sweet! Can you please attach your most recent log files here? They’ll let me know what’s causing these problems.

2021-05-29-1716.txt (1.9 KB) 2021-05-17-1738.txt (23 Bytes) 2021-05-17-1738.txt (23 Bytes)

1 Like

Am i missing something?

1 Like

Hey sorry this report slipped through the cracks.

The error in the log file is due to a bug with the game’s startup when requesting administrator access. This should be fixed now, have you had any success launching the game since?

Game does not start up still, afte rpressing play the button turns blue for a couple of seconds before then going back to green and i have to press start again.

1 Like

nvm me and my friend got it working by launching the game with administrator and having to click a popup at the right time lol.