Cannot launch game (EAC errors)

Description

Inability to launch the game due to an EAC error.
Creating this thread for all those with these errors to report them in.

Suggested priority

High

Log file(s)

To all those with this issue - please attach a log file and an image of the error to a reply in this thread

How to get a log file:

[Win + R] to open run menu,
[%appdata%/vercidium/logs] in the run box, run it,
Choose the correct/latest file - if unsure, attach the most recent 3 log files.
2 Likes

03-11-2020-0935.txt (2.3 KB)
When launching the game I get just past the sectorsedge logo screen and then an error pops up on my screen (unsure if related to this specific bug or not).
Screenshot_7
after clicking ok the game closes and i get a popup message from EAC which seems to be related to the authentication program iLok which I can’t remove as it is essential to my university course
Screenshot_5
and just for reference, I am using windows 7 with the latest install of the game

tried launching through the exe in game folder, won’t open at all. Cannot share log files because they all are empty.

Hey there - could you generate an EAC log file for us please, slightly different process:

Zip that up, upload to gdrive/dropbox and send it to me in a private message either here or on Discord please!

I’ve encouter the same problem. I did look at the log files but it’s just empty. How can i fix that?

Can you follow the same process I linked in my previous message and send me your EAC log file, zipped up and uploaded somewhere? We can then approach EAC with anything we don’t understand.

Can find me on Discord, or you could send the link to our Twitter account even, just don’t link to it in public.

okay, i’m opening discord now

after the whole loading screen it shows the logo and then this error shows up and I have to close the programerror

i don’t know what to do. Someone else had this problem but their question wasn’t answered
I really want to play this game.

@CornMan can I please get your log files from these three folders:

Appdata/Roaming/Vercidium/log
%AppData%\EasyAntiCheat\gamelauncher.log
%AppData%\EasyAntiCheat\585\loader.log

@Vercidium Ok I found them

gamelauncher.txt.txt (1.9 KB) loader.txt.txt (2.2 KB) 11-7-2020-502.txt.txt (2.5 KB)

1 Like

I found the files @Vercidium

1 Like

@CornMan thank you for the files, the log file here states the game’s startup process works correctly. Can you please let me know the exact stage where the game crashes?

the game’s logo and the vercidium logo show, then there’s some ambient sound playing with a black screen for a few seconds and then the game crashes

2 Likes

Hey thanks for the reply, there’s been a few patches over the past couple weeks.

Can you please run the game again and send the last 3 log files here?

gameluancher.txt (71.0 KB)
12-2-2020-837PM.txt (3.0 KB) loader.txt (103.8 KB)
The game still crashed in the same way

1 Like

Hey I’ve just released a patch with more detailed error messages and popups. Can you please try running sectorsedgelauncher.exe? If that doesn’t work, run sectorsedge.exe and let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

10-12-2020-551PM.txt (619 Bytes)
My game opens the easy anti cheat then loads and closes. it doesn’t tell me there is an error it just doesn’t launch.

2 Likes

@SirLucifer66_lucifer I’ve patched the game a few times lately, can you please try running the game again?

If the same error happens, can you please send your latest Appdata/vercidium/log file again?

Can’t launch the game. EAC details:GameID: 585 (64bit)
Windows Version: 6.3 (Build 9600)
Error Code: 10011
Process Exit Code: EEAC0006h
UUID: fb1d6a0c-9dd4-731d-054c-822ae6d6545c
Process list:
aswengsrv.exe
aswidsagent.exe
aswtoolssvc.exe
atieclxx.exe
atiesrxx.exe
audiodg.exe
avastsvc.exe